price-compare results for meta vendor sites

Auth:
Title:
Kywd:

11 November 2006

Lit Convenience

Do you find yourself reading e-mail more often than actual books? Have you become accustomed to reading words illuminated by a strange technological device called a monitor? If so, Daily Lit aims to meld the worlds of literature and glowing text by bringing "books right into your inbox in convenient small messages that take less than 5 minutes to read." Ulysses by James Joyce will arrive in 332 neat little e-mails. While Ibsen's A Doll's House requires only 37. It's not a bad way to knock off any of those classics you already claim to have read.

. . .

I don't really want to flesh my feelings out on this (I doubt you want me to either), but I wonder, has it really come to this? Is there no turning back? Will the speed of everything perpetually increase? Our technology evolves, but do we? Yeesh, I gotta get out of NY. Sorry.

Blogaulaire here: Well French mid-to-late 19th century novels were normal fair in weekly newspapers, Flaubert, Zola, Hugo (I believe), as well. So now email becomes our version of La Voix Populaire ?

No comments: